Maryann K. McCauley
Maryann K. McCauley is a partner with Crist, Sears & Zic, LLP. She received her Bachelor of Arts in history and minors in business and Spanish from Indiana University and earned her Juris Doctor from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
Maryann concentrates her practice in litigation, labor and employment law, school law and estate planning and administration. She is licensed to practice before the Indiana Supreme Court and the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. Maryann frequently represents and defends individuals, businesses and employers in both federal and state court litigation, as well as in proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Indiana Civil Rights Commission, the Department of Education, the Office for Civil Rights, and city and state organizations that enforce employment laws. She is involved in general insurance defense litigation representing insurance companies and their insureds, which include school corporations, defending personal injury, property damage, employment discrimination and student discrimination claims, as well as state and federal constitutional claims. Maryann also provides personalized representation to individuals who are seeking to prepare a comprehensive estate plan or who are in the need of legal assistance with an estate or trust administration.
Maryann is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Lake County Bar Association. She is a member of the Board of Directors for the Munster Chamber of Commerce and serves on several of its sub-committees.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Civil Rights Discrimination Defense
- School Law
- Estate Planning and Administration
- General Litigation
- Business and Commercial Law
- Indiana Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 2000, Juris Doctor
- Indiana University, 1997, Bachelor of Arts, History, Minors in Business and Spanish
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Probate, Trust and Real Property Section
- Lake County Bar Association
- Munster Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, 2012 – present
- Member, Scholarship Committee, 2013 – present
- Various Spring/Fall Event Committees, 2004 – present