Justin K. Curtis
Justin K. Curtis is an associate attorney with Crist, Sears & Zic, LLP. He received his Bachelor of Science in political science with a concentration in economics and a minor in criminal justice from Ball State University. He earned his Juris Doctor from Valparaiso University School of Law, graduating magna cum laude. While at Valparaiso University, Justin participated on the international moot court team and served on its executive board. He also served as a student mentor and on the Valparaiso University Law Review where his note, Including Victims Without a Voice: Amending Indiana’s Child Wrongful Death Statute, was published and subsequently cited by the Alabama Supreme Court and the University of La Verne College of Law. While at Valparaiso University, Justin served as a judicial extern for Judge Rudy Lozano of the Northern District of Indiana and interned at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Indiana.
Justin concentrates his practice in litigation, labor and employment law and school law. He is licensed to practice before the Indiana Supreme Court and the Northern District of Indiana. He is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Lake County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- School Law
- General Litigation
- Indiana Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- Valparaiso University School of Law, 2009, Juris Doctor magna cum laude
- Ball State University, 2006, Bachelor of Science – – Political Science with a concentration in Economics, Minor in Criminal Justice
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association