Cheryl A. Zic
Cheryl A. Zic is a partner with Crist, Sears & Zic, LLP. She received her Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in personnel management and labor relations from the University of Wisconsin. She is a summa cum laude graduate of Valparaiso University School of Law.
Cheryl concentrates her practice in school law, labor and employment law, business law and real estate. She regularly counsels and represents private and public employers in all facets of organized labor relations including representation matters, negotiation of labor agreements, grievance and arbitration issues and defense of unfair labor practice claims, along with fair employment practice matters such as federal and state discrimination claims, unemployment compensation, Family and Medical Leave Act, and the like. She serves as general counsel as well as counsel for employment and labor matters to several public school corporations, counseling in all areas including student issues, employment matters, facility development and financing, and policy development and interpretation.
She is licensed to practice before the Indiana Supreme Court and the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. Cheryl is a member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Lake County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Civil Rights Discrimination Defense
- School Law
- Real Estate
- Business and Commercial
- Indiana Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Valparaiso University School of Law, 1997, Juris Doctor summa cum laude – Concentration in Labor and Employment and School Law
- University of Wisconsin, 1986, School of Business, Bachelor of Business Administration
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association